Very little remains of the former town of Charleston. It once housed people that worked at the reduction mill and other facilities on the eastern side of the river.
The above photograph gives a view of where Charleston used to be located (at yellow pin) and shows some of the surrounding countryside.
The above photograph gives a closer view of Charleston and the now wide arroyo that now separates it from the hillside where Millville was situated. In 1880 there was only a narrow trench along the San Pedro River as shown below.
The formation of a wide arroyo along the San Pedro River eroded away part of the former town of Charleston and part of the flat mesa that in 1880 extended from the mill's settling ponds toward the then narrowly entrenched river.